[Nouveau] What is the motivation for choosing nVidia?

Louise Hoffman louise.hoffman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 20:45:59 PDT 2007

Dear developers

I have just noticed your fantastic work, and I am looking forward to
send you dumps of my GeForce 6150, when I get vacation in two weeks.
It is an integrated GPU on my Asus A8N-VM CSM, so I hope it will work.

The reason I post is, I am wondering what the motivation is for doing
nVidia and not ATi?

I have read the "FAQ:Why are you doing this?", but it doesn't mention
anything about ATi.

Is nVidia easier to write drivers for, or do you think AMD will
release specs for their GPU's so it would be a waist for time, or are
you continuing on ATi, when the nVidia is done, or are ATi GPU's not
of interest?

Keep up the great work =)

Hugs,
Louise