[Nouveau] NV43 (6600 Go) Report

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue May 15 09:10:10 PDT 2007

Hi Pascal,

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 11:23:50AM +0100, Pascal Schoenhardt wrote:
> Now, here is the real issue: My laptop has a VGA port and an svideo
> port. To start working on smooth multi-head support for gnome, I
> obviously need use of at least the VGA port. As it stands, nouveau
> does not detect any of these outputs. As I understand it, xrandr
> should be reporting something like this:

Have you tried "xrandr --auto"?  It's usually required to run this
command before xrandr picks up on a VGA port connection, because
usually (at least, on Intel) we don't get an interrupt when a
monitor is plugged in.

Which brings me to a question:  do we get one on nVidia?  Could nouveau
be able to kick off xrandr as soon as a monitor's connected?

(I don't know how well Xrandr actually works on nouveau, I'm afraid.)

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>