[Nouveau] Memory use and a few other things

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 07:38:03 PDT 2008

Hello,

First of all thanks a lot for working on this free nvidia driver.

1.) I am using Fedora9-Beta, and on my NV17/64mb (or NV18?) powered
Laptop the nouveau driver uses about 300mb RAM. Is there any way I can
decrease that?

2.) Font rendering is very slow. running "x11perf --aa10text" I only
get 40k glyphs/s.
Is there any way I can improve text performance?

3.) I would like to downgrade to linux-2.6.16.60 - because a driver I
need was broken starting arround 2.6.19. Will it still make sence to
use nouveuau, or does it need DRI to work properly?

Thanks a lot, lg Clemens