[Nouveau] [Fwd: Hardware reticensy]

Szára György lagymata at freestart.hu
Thu Apr 3 11:37:46 PDT 2008

community,
I submit to you my plain request as wether exchanging my video card
would fix the fault. My concern issue looks like
as follows:
Not knowing wether anybody among you had noticed yet the phenomenon when
ancient hardware and a relative new system clach ?
I have a P III. PC desktop with FC4 running on it for a year or so.That
configuration has been me working faultless till now.
  Recently I sensed and set about a release renewal and installed RC6
release. I did not dare try a more andvanced distro fearing a clash
betveen my P III PC and the newest (Fedora8).
  Although in relevant README from Fedora 6 release I did not noticed
any deficiency regarding the requirement of OS's release.
I have abundantly of CPU 1.3 Gb and 500 SDRAM. I dare say to add it
more- all my hardware ingredient were assembled of brand new qualities.
though till now the whole is becoming a little old, I must admit. But
not wanting to buy a new PC for the time being.
In spite of all this favourable conditions and to my sorry
the (Gnome ) desktop environment of my new installation shows up odd
behaviour. All destop images are miniaturized and what is more the
configuration utilities are blocked to work. I did not succeded
configure neither PPP dial-up nor CUPS for printer. The GUI's
interactive panels keep itself each time faint or eclipsed. This
suggests me there may be somewehre a clash between GUI of Fedora newer
release and my disposable Motherboard (Soltek with Via chipset) or VGA
(Nvidia 17 Geforce4MX 4000).
Don't you think a better VGA might fix this anomaly instead of buying an
up to date PC ?
  Any suggestion may be highly appreciated with best regards
Gy Szara