[Nouveau] Compiling REnouveau with Koala's script fails on Ubuntu Hardy

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Fri Apr 11 21:33:30 PDT 2008

Hello,

At the risk of looking like an idiot, I thought I would post because I
can't make Koala's script work. My brother has an nVidia GEforce 8800,
which nobody has dumped for, so I thought I would try.

As I posted here:

I am trying to submit a REnouveau dump from my brother's computer. I
have installed the latest Ubuntu Hardy and have followed the
directions on:
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/REnouveau

When I run the script, it runs fine and downloads the current CVS
version. It then says:
"Compiling renouveau failed. Choosing 'YES' will show you the log file
of the compilation. 'NO' will abort. Please have a look at the trouble
shoot section in our FAQ"

The log shows:
-MM -g -Wall `sdl-config --cflags` re.c detection.c t
cc -g -Wall `sdl-config --cflags` -c -o re.o re.c
re.c: In function 'dump_shader_program':
re.c:408: warning: format '%08x' expects type 'unsigned
re.c: In function 'dump_fifo':
re.c:926: warning: unused variable 'str'

Or
cc -g -Wall `sdl-config --cflags` re.o detection.o tests
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXvMCNVIDIA
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [renouveau] Error 1

I am not subscribed to the list, but any help would be appreciated so
that I can get you the dump :).

Thanks,

Aaron

--