[Nouveau] "Unknown LVDS configuration bits, please report" - Error

Andreas Happe andy at snikt.net
Mon Apr 28 09:59:32 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 19:33 +0300, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> "Framebuffer loaded" is usually a bad sign. The Nouveau driver does not
> work reliably with a framebuffer driver loaded. Granted, there are rumours
> that vesafb should work, and that on PPC you have to use the... hm, I fail
> to recall the driver name, offb?

OT:
Yeah, that open firmware thingy was a problem with my old powerbook. I
just disabled framebuffer-use at X.org driver level (on the powerbook),
could that be a stability problem:

> To my unexperienced eyes, this looks just a not-fully-supported hardware.
> Have you searched the bugzilla? I guess there might already be a report
> for this specific case. If not, please add a bug, so the developers can
> track it.

Silly me, there were already two bug reports for that problem, I will
just watch the mailing list and report it again if there's no progress
in some weeks.

cheers,
andy