[Nouveau] NV86 (Quadro NVS 140M) errors in dmesg

Ben Skeggs skeggsb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 04:35:27 PDT 2008

Am Samstag, den 02.08.2008, 21:54 +1200 schrieb Jasper Bryant-Greene:
> On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 10:02 +1000, Ben Skeggs wrote:
> > Am Samstag, den 02.08.2008, 10:20 +1200 schrieb Jasper Bryant-Greene:
> > > Also, Xvideo does not work properly, with mplayer printing a large
> > > number of these:
> > >
> > > X11 error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
> > Use a composite manager (not compiz, xcompmgr or something else that
> > uses XRENDER for compositing) if you want to use Xv on G80 for the
> > moment.
>
> Xvideo plays in slow motion (very entertaining!)
Really?! That's rather odd, haven't seen this reported previously :)  Is
your kernel log filled with many many many many PROTECTION_ERROR
messages by any chance?  If so, restart X and try again.  I never
actually tried Xv while that issue was present on my laptop.

> mplayer -vo x11 plays fine, so it is definitely something to do with Xv.
>
> I'm using xfce4's compositing manager.
>
> What can I do to debug this?
Check what I mentioned above, if that's the case then it'd probably be
because the card's gone insane.  Otherwise, give xcompmgr a try to see
if it's XFCE4's fault.

Ben.