[Nouveau] running x.org on powerpc64 with nvidia6200

Stephane Marchesin marchesin at icps.u-strasbg.fr
Fri Feb 13 15:07:34 PST 2009

2009/2/13 Alexey Kardashevsky <aik.rsdn at gmail.com>:
> I am newbie in this topic and I have problems trying to bring x.org up on
> the hardware I have:
> IBM QS22 BladeServer (PowerPC64 architecture) with PCI-Express connected
> nVidia 6200 video card.
> OS: Fedora 10-ppc: Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.27.5aik #1 SMP Tue Feb 10
> 14:55:56 EST 2009 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux

How many PCI domains does that machine have ? Current libpciaccess is
broken, in that PCI cards only work in the first domain. So the
solution is to put the card in a slot from the first domain if
possible. You are screwed otherwise (well, you could replace the
hardcoded first domain in pciaccess with the right domain and it might
work, I don't know...)

Stephane