[Nouveau] some patches and remarks for ng

Maarten Maathuis madman2003 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 08:53:22 PST 2009

1 patch for libnouveau_drm, 4 for drm and one work in progress patch
for the ddx.

Getting nv50 to run proved to be more difficult than i thought (at
some point i stopped because it would require significant changes), i
just have a few remarks.

- Buffer object access is not guarded by fences at all, which is a
major issue. You worked around that by using M2MF I suppose, but this
needs a structural fix.
- Comments are scarce, please be more verbose. I know it's all very
obvious to the people that write the code, but for others it's less
obvious.
- I think buffer object untiling should happen in userspace, which
will also allow some nice optimizations that EXA does (using damage to
selectively copy and such).
- The WIP patch contains sysmem pixmaps, i fixed this for git xserver
(and nominated it for 1.6), but expect older versions to blow up due
to NULL'ing of devPrivate.ptr.
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=3534a5e5d9c5af85149c799f324257f89507fa23)

Consider the patches hints, and don't blindly apply them.

Maarten.