[Nouveau] When will nouveau kernel tree be merged into master

Eric Valette Eric.Valette at Free.fr
Fri Jul 10 01:10:33 PDT 2009

Sean Estabrooks wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 21:51:23 +0200
> Eric Valette <eric.valette at free.fr> wrote:
>

>> The command
>> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
>>
>> Does not work for me while others do. It hangs indefinitely (I let it
>> run once half a day, doing strace to see that I was waiting to a read on
>> a socket).
>>

>>> Also, I'd recommend studying git, you only ever have to 'clone' once.
>>>
>> If the full clone requires a day on 1Mbit sped, I guess you will have
>> few volunteers.
>>

> Eric,
>
> Tried the clone of Mesa just now here and it took a little over 5 minutes
> to complete.  So, something is wrong for you locally or a server problem
> has been fixed since you last tried the clone.
If it a local problem, I dunno why because I access nearly all other git
tree on the planet including one located on the same IP address drm git
versus mesa git (git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa vs
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/drm)
>  Either way, this isn't
> a fundamental problem with Git.

Good. Will try today again.

BTW: I managed to build a mixed kernel (master 2.6.31-rc2-git4 + 2 DRM
directory from nouveau kernel git). It compiled and worked as long as I
relaunched the X kernel to use again the nouveau driver instead of nv
(and access the nouveau module). I then got a sync out of range on the
monitor. Removing the KMS mode fixed this but I'm not sure if it is not
due to the left over vesa framebuffer option or wrong computation of
monitor capabilities and bad video mode settings.

I need to remove the vesa framebuffer, put the KMS option gain and
report. It was just too late last night to try this.

-- eric