[Nouveau] External monitor is blank with nouveau driver

Pierre Pronchery khorben at defora.org
Sun Jun 21 04:25:30 PDT 2009

			Hi,

Andriy Bakay wrote:

> I have the following hardware/software spec:

In my case:
Sun Ultra 24
NetBSD 5.0_STABLE (XEN3_DOM0) i386
NVIDIA Quadro FX370
X driver nouveau
Two LCD monitors over DVI

> I am connecting external monitor through VGA interface. I was able to
> detect it using command 'xrandr -q' and even turn it on:
>
> $ xrandr --output VGA-0 --auto --below LVDS-0
>
> the geometry of my desktop changed, but monitor remain blank.

I have a similar problem: when I start X, it defaults to clone mode but
my secondary monitor remains blank. Playing with xrandr doesn't fix it.

Running X with the nv driver beforehand helps though: I get both heads
working, and then if I restart X it works with nouveau as well.

Unfortunately I can't test fixes at the moment, or only against the
driver as it was in May 7th (because I'm not tracking Mesa or DRM
repositories atm).

I hope this helps anyway,
--
khorben