[Nouveau] Why was old TTM removed from drm.git?

Thomas Hellström thomas at shipmail.org
Wed Jun 24 10:26:41 PDT 2009

Hi, Pekka!

I'm sorry for this breakage. I thought drm master was currently used
only for libdrm development, but
I see now that I didn't pay enough attention. Just prior to the commit I
sent out a message explaining what I was going to do and why, but
apparently it didn't make it to the list (which seems to be the case of
quite a few mails these days).

Please feel free to revert that commit and pull it in again when you
think it's OK, or perhaps anchor a nouveau drm branch just ahead of this
commit. The old TTM is completely unmaintained and blocks any attempt to
bring the drm.git master repo reasonably up to sync with what's in the
kernel, so the sooner it goes away the better.

Again, Sorry for the breakage.

/Thomas