[Nouveau] running x.org on powerpc64 with nvidia6200

aik aikbox at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 06:42:51 PST 2009

Another try. Reconfigured DRM and xf86-video-nouveau modules with
"./autogen.sh CFLAGS=-m64", recompiled, copied, run:

(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//nouveau_drv.so
dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//nouveau_drv.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64
(EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//nouveau_drv.so
(II) UnloadModule: "nouveau"
(EE) Failed to load module "nouveau" (loader failed, 7)
(EE) No drivers available.

The question is - has anybody ever compiled AND run X.org + modules as
64bit binaries for PPC64?