[Nouveau] undefined symbol for DRI

Calvin Walton calvin.walton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 07:08:58 PST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 17:02 -0200, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> Quick question. I use libdrm, kernel drm, mesa and nouveau from git.
> However, I got this error:
>
> (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so failed
> (/usr/lib64/dri/nouveau_dri.so: undefined symbol: _glapi_tls_Context)

This looks like your mesa was built with TLS support, but your X server
does not have TLS support.

> Does it means I need an updated xorg? I'm using 1.6.5

That shouldn't be needed, you just have to disable TLS when compiling
mesa.

(This is disabled by default in the ./configure script and in the sample
configurations, did you manually enable it?)

Alternately, you can try to find Xorg packages with TLS enabled, or
rebuild it yourself.

Hope that helps!

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton at gmail.com>