[Nouveau] master-compat branch in nouveau/linux-2.6

Pekka Paalanen pq at iki.fi
Tue Sep 29 09:46:32 PDT 2009

Hi,

I would like to abandon the master-compat branch nouveau/linux-2.6 kernel
tree. The difference to master branch is practically just the out-of-tree
build Makefile. I'll find a new place for the Makefile and docs, likely
in the wiki. Then I will break the build in master-compat, so that
everyone surely notices it is not updated anymore.

The reason for this is to reduce confusion, and that master-compat is
usually behind master for no good reason. InstallDRM page in the wiki
can be cleaned up about branches.

This should happen in few days, and I hope everyone will move to using
master if not already there. If you do not like the idea, let me know
why.

Thanks.

--
Pekka Paalanen