[Nouveau] uevent support in nouveau DDX

Bob Gleitsmann rjgleits at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 25 11:16:49 PDT 2010

Hi,

uevent support was added to the nouveau DDX in a recent commit. A test is made
in configure.ac for libudev being present but there is no minimum version. I
have had problems with this as I am using Fedora 11 which has udev-141 in it.
This version does not support all of the functions required by the DDX and
will crash Xorg. At least this function is missing:
udev_monitor_filter_add_match_subsystem_devtype
I don't know when this was added to udev, but it was definitely after 141. In
the mean time, I will endeavor to fudge the configuration so that it doesn't
think that udev is installed. Hopefully this will result in a DDX that doesn't
crash.
I'm also going to try setting up a partition with Fedora 13 to see what
happens with that.

Best Wishes,

Bob Gleitsmann