[Nouveau] Canvas in Firefox, corruption

Sjon archlinux.org at spider007.net
Sat Aug 14 05:49:26 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have been using nouveau for a few months now, and it works fine.

A few weeks ago I noticed something is broken though; since Google
switched to using Canvas for their image search I am having some sort of
corruption in the thumbnails that Google serves.

More information plus screenshots are available here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/+bug/608613

I was wondering if there is anything I can do to help debugging this? My
setup currently is Archlinux with a GeForce 9800 GTX and these package
versions:

nouveau-drm-lts 0.0.16_20100313-2
nouveau-firmware 20091212-4
xf86-video-nouveau 0.0.16_git20100517-1

I do not see any errors getting logged when this corruption appears, is
there any way to make a debug-version of nouveau to get additional
information?

Thanks,

Sjon