[Nouveau] nouveau interrupts firewire ISO streaming

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Thu Feb 4 04:38:33 PST 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 12:19:14PM +0100, Maarten Maathuis wrote:

Hi!

> It's mostly cpu copying the cursor. Now that i think of it, we keep a
> copy of the cursor inside the kernel, so no need to make the userspace
> side vram too. As a quick test you could try changing VRAM to GART
> here http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/xf86-video-nouveau/tree/src/drmmode_display.c#n641.

Changing to GART fixes the cursor issue. Hovering over a link now no
longer stalls my audio streams.

Is there something similar I could try to fix scrolling or even raising
a window, thus changing the colour of the title bar? Both still
interrupt audio.

> Assuming you don't have an agp system, otherwise you will still be

PCIe.

Cheerio

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver