[Nouveau] Build failure in Mesa

Johannes Obermayr johannesobermayr at gmx.de
Tue Feb 16 08:43:48 PST 2010

Am Dienstag, 16. Februar 2010 11:13:06 schrieb Maarten Maathuis:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Johannes Obermayr
> <johannesobermayr at gmx.de> wrote:

> >> Rebuild latest libdrm from git, you'll also need an updated kernel
> >> module.
> >>
> >> Ben.
> > <snip>
> >
> > What does it mean? Do I need kernel-source for compiling Mesa now? Must kernel modules be installed at build time?
>
> He meant, you need a new libdrm (and the latest requires a new kernel
> module to actually run). In reality that part of mesa needs to be
> updated to the latest libdrm api, because you already have the latest
> libdrm.

Attached patch fixes the build problem on current git with this output:
(looked what Ben Skeggs did with commit "nouveau: fix for latest libdrm")

In file included from nouveau_render_t.c:289,
                 from nv10_render.c:201:
nouveau_vbo_t.c: In function 'vbo_draw_vbo':
nouveau_vbo_t.c:322: warning: passing argument 3 of 'get_max_vertices' makes integer from pointer without a cast
nouveau_render_t.c:256: note: expected 'unsigned int' but argument is of type 'struct nouveau_channel *'
nouveau_vbo_t.c: In function 'vbo_draw_imm':
nouveau_vbo_t.c:358: warning: passing argument 3 of 'get_max_vertices' makes integer from pointer without a cast
nouveau_render_t.c:256: note: expected 'unsigned int' but argument is of type 'struct nouveau_channel *'
In file included from nouveau_render_t.c:290,
                 from nv10_render.c:201:
nouveau_swtnl_t.c: In function 'swtnl_flush_vertices':
nouveau_swtnl_t.c:213: warning: passing argument 3 of 'get_max_vertices' makes integer from pointer without a cast
nouveau_render_t.c:256: note: expected 'unsigned int' but argument is of type 'struct nouveau_channel *'