[Nouveau] nouveau kms causing hibernation problems

Anders Eriksson aeriksson at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 19 05:23:17 PST 2010

koriakin at 0x04.net said:
> There are not that many users of NV04/NV05....

I'm starting to feel unique. Have to keep the museum running...

> This may be a result of a known bug in our BIOS script interpreter. Go to
> your  kernel tree, drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_bios.c, go to
> init_compute_mem  function, and try commenting out the "bios_wr32(bios,
> NV_PFB_REFCTRL,  NV_PFB_REFCTRL_VALID_1);" line.

Removing that line sure changed things. The monitor still looses signal early,
but the HD led flashes on and eventually it hibernates ok.

Upon resume, I get to the reloading-from-suspend progress bar in fbcon, but
after that the screen goes black and the thing freezes. The keyboard's leads
are dead too.