[Nouveau] Why report LVDS as disconnected when lid is closed?

Tavian Barnes tavianator at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 15:51:56 PST 2010

What's the motivation behind commit 60821e0 (drm/nouveau: report LVDS
as disconnected if lid closed)?  The only noticeable effect I can see
from it is that if I turn on my laptop and then close the lid, X fails
to start as it can't find any screens.  In fact, if I close the lid
before nouveau initialises, I don't even get a framebuffer console.

I know I can just use the ignorelid module param, but what's the
benefit without it?

--
Tavian Barnes