[Nouveau] swap control

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 03:11:24 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Xavier Chantry
<chantry.xavier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to use sync to vblank / swap control with mesa/gallium
> (and nouveau) ?

I already have the answer to the primary question, thanks curro !

11:39 < curro__> shining: yes, gallium drivers can sync to vblank, but
we aren't implementing that yet.
11:40 -!- curro__ is now known as curro_
11:40 < shining> nouveau gallium doesnt ?
11:40 < shining> is it hard to implement ?
11:41 < curro_> shining: nope, we already sync to vblank in the Xv code
11:41 < shining> right, so its the same code we just have to copy
11:42 < shining> is this a wanted feature ?
11:43 < shining> I am curious if I could play teeworlds at less than
100% cpu :) it runs really great on my
                 laptop nv84, 100-200 fps, but it gets hot and noisy.
11:45 < shining> anyway, even if its not too hard, its still too hard
for me, I am not even able to locate the
                 relevant code. what a mess between
opengl/mesa/dri1/dri2/gallium code
11:56 < curro_> shining: well, i'd also blame the fence busy-waiting
we do instead of putting the process to
                sleep