[Nouveau] Is it possible to resume the TiNDC's?

GatoLoko gatoloko at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:51:04 PDT 2010

El 23/07/10 10:08, Arthur Huillet escribió:
> Hello,

Hi!

> If your writing skills are up to it I can but encourage you to do so.

I don't know how good my writings are, but we can give it a try and see
what comes out. Since I intend to present the text in this list before
publishing, you can always make corrections or even tell me I'm not good
enough (and since I'm not native english speaker, that may be the case).

> The status matrix shows a synthetic, high level view of the status of the
> driver, and it's useful in itself to
> show how ready nouveau is for various use cases.

I was not implying that they are mutually exclusive, but that they
complementary. There are thing you can't easily reflect in a status
matrix, but you can comment about that in a TiNDC.

> I used to help the previous TiNDC editor with small technical questions
> and big picture stuff, and I'll be happy to help you as well in order to
> offload the currently active developers.

I'm sure there will be thing I won't understand, so any help will be
welcomed.

So, if nobody has complains about this, I think the following questions
may cover most things, and whoever wants to answer them can always add
anything else he wants. I'm open to comments/answers/questions.

Current status;

1.- What do you think are the most important changes in the last year
(since the last TiNDC is more than a year old)?

2.- What is going on right now? What are you (individual developer)
working on right now and how far are you on that task? Finding problems
with it?

3.- What is going to happen in a short time (not asking dates, but short
term plans)? Power management? Video decoding perhaps? Something else?

Help needed;

1.- There is a nv9x dumps request in the "testers wanted" wiki page but,
is there something else you need?

GatoLoko