[Nouveau] Gallium driver and compatibility issues

Uwe Bugla uwe.bugla at gmx.de
Mon Mar 15 11:00:21 PDT 2010

Am Freitag, den 12.03.2010, 23:06 +0100 schrieb Luca Barbieri:
> It is not surprising that some (or most) 3D applications don't
> actually work correctly with nouveau on nv3x right now.
>
> The driver will probably improve in the future.

Hi Luca,

Thanks for your excellent merging work of the nv30 and nv40 branch!
The trouble with the solitaire game is gone.
Against all golden rules I have installed gallium 0.4 globally on my
Gnome 2.28 desktop now, and it seems to do its job quite good without
crashing or doing other harm to the installed software on my desktop.
That's a good sign, isn't it?

I know that the nv40 and nv30 series are completely different cards
compared to the nv50 series and I know that there needs a lot of work to
be done, but neverless I wanted to thank all devs for their good
hitherto work while I am looking forward to the Gallium driver in
general and to its Compiz Fusion support in detail.

Best regards

Uwe