[Nouveau] RFC: bicubic filtering patch

Ben Skeggs skeggsb at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 23:54:00 PDT 2010

Hey,

There's one relevant patch in the F13 DDX package that hasn't been
pushed into git still.

The patch simply switches off the bicubic filtering if we're scaling the
image by less than 200% in either direction in order to prevent some
excessive blurriness in the image (very noticable with the gstreamer
xvideo test).

The patch has been in the Fedora package since F11 as a user reported
the issue as a bug, and the radeon driver has similar code, but I
thought I'd ask for opinions before I pushed this to git.

Ben.