[Nouveau] [RFC/PATCH] Switch dri driver to use rules-ng-ng headers

Francisco Jerez currojerez at riseup.net
Mon Nov 1 10:15:28 PDT 2010

Viktor Novotný <noviktor at seznam.cz> writes:

> From: Viktor Novotný <noviktor at seznam.cz>
>
> Hi,
>
> following patches make the dri driver use rules-ng-ng(rnn) generated
> register definitions instead of renouveau generated ones.  First set
> of 5 patches is for mesa repository, second set of 4 patches is for
> rnn and consists of changes ported from renouveau.

Some renames seem awkward to me, but I can get used to it. I'm OK with
the change as long as Ben agrees with it too (along with a similar change
for the DDX), and the rnn repository moves somewhere we can all commit to
(i.e. sourceforge).

Marcin? What are your feelings with regard to that possibility?

BTW, is rnn already a complete replacement of the renouveau database? Can
it be used to turn renouveau/mmt dumps into a human readable form?

> One thing I do not understand is, why rnn does not generate
> NV20_3D_TEX_ENABLE__LEN(should be 4), so any pointers on what to do
> are welcome, as are any other comments, suggestions etc.

That's no big deal, there's already a define with the number of texture
samplers in nv20_driver.h:35.