[Nouveau] GeForce FX 5200: no kms

Paolo Milani paolomilani at rocketmail.com
Wed Nov 17 13:56:15 PST 2010

--- Dom 14/11/10, Marcin Slusarz <marcin.slusarz at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/HangDiagnosis
> The most successful method is netconsole.

thanks!

I failed setting up netconsole on opensuse and on fedora, but I've set it up successfully on ubuntu. I've updated initrd.img in order to load netconsole module, and the curious thing is that now ubuntu doesn't crash anymore. I don't know if kms is working properly because I can't run Xorg with nouveau drivers (no screen found), but it works only with proprietary drivers.

Anyway, kernel logs in attachment. (and xorg.log)