[Nouveau] nouveau and multiple video cards

Felix Blanke felixblanke at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 15:48:53 PDT 2010

Hi,

I hope it is ok if I would ask one last question:

It is possible to use a quadro NVS 450 with 3 monitors via DVI and nouveau?

The status matrix is kind of old (e.g. it says that dual link dvi is WIP, it works
for me good :)) and I dont find that quado NVS 450 on it.

Thanks again!

Regards,
Felix

On 18. September 2010 - 12:49, Younes Manton wrote:
> Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:49:31 -0400
> From: Younes Manton <younes.m at gmail.com>
> To: Felix Blanke <felixblanke at gmail.com>
> Cc: nouveau at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Nouveau] nouveau and multiple video cards
>
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Felix Blanke <felixblanke at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for your reply!
> >
> > Do you know if that will be possible in the near future?
> > Do you know any other way how to do that?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Felix
> >
> > On Sep 18, 2010 6:36 PM, "Younes Manton" <younes.m at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Felix Blanke <felixblanke at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> is it possib...
> >
> > Currently not possible with nouveau. This is partially a limitation of
> > the X server, not just nouveau.
> >

> I don't think it will be possible in the near future, there is a fair
> bit of work involved and no one is actively pursuing it as far as I
> know. Maybe nvidia's driver can do this for you now.
---end quoted text---