[Nouveau] GeForce FX5200 dual DVI & Samsung 204b

Grzesiek Sójka pld at pfu.pl
Tue Sep 28 03:43:12 PDT 2010

On 09/27/10 23:41, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> Are you saying that forcing a low-refresh-rate mode via video=
> kernel argument does not help?
>
> But you still do get a good picture on the framebuffer console,
> do you not? In that case, X is overriding what kernel thinks is
> the best mode, so you should clean up the X config.
>
> If wiping the X config does not help, post kernel and X logs.

1. At the moment I try to get a proper image on the console. I put the
comment about the X-log only to explain why I thing that there is
something wrong with PixClk. Actually the screen blinks in the some way
at the console and when I run the X-server. I was trying to play with
the ModeLine but it seems to be ignored. For example whatever i put
+hsync +vsync or -hsync -vsync I always get at the OSD info that both
polarisation are positive. So it looks like all the timings and etc. are
set by the nouveau.ko not by the xorg nouveau driver.

2. Whatever I put to the video= I always get the some problem. It looks
a little bit like only the resolutions is taken and all the rest is
ignored. I do not have the way to check it but my LCD always claims that
the mode is 1600x1200 at 60 horizontal 74.9KHz and both polarizations
positive. It does not display the PixClk.

So the situation is very strange. I think that the good start would be
checking what are the current rates of the vertical, horizontal and
pixclk. Is it a way to force nouveau.ko to put it into the dmesg?? If
not then maybe I could just hard-code something like:
printk("h=%d,V=%d,P=%d, ???
into the source tree. The question is where to put it and what are the
names of the appropriate variables.