[Nouveau] NV46 disconnected VGA

Pekka Paalanen pq at iki.fi
Tue Apr 26 08:58:48 PDT 2011

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 01:58:01 -0700 (PDT)
Sebastian Glita <glseba at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an unexpected problem: the chip recognized as NV46 does
> not connnect/display VGA on LCD.
> Using mesa/gallium and xorg-server/xf86-video-nouveau from git,
> kernel 2.6.38, device in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
>
> Section "Device"
>     Identifier    "NVIDIA NV46"
>     VendorName    "NVIDIA Corp"
>     Driver        "nouveau"
>
>     Option        "Monitor-LVDS-1"    "LCD 15.4'' WXGA"
>     Option        "Monitor-VGA-1"        "LCD"
>     Option        "Monitor-TV-1"        "<Missing>"
>
>     Option        "HW_cursor"        "true"
>     Option        "ModeDebug"        "On"
> EndSection

What are you trying to achieve with this config, exactly?
I'm not familiar with the impications of those options, but
it seems the X server is parsing those as separate SCREENs.
Are you therefore attempting Zaphod mode?
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/MultiMonitorDesktop

Have you tried the minimal config, as instructed in
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/TroubleShooting ?

What does the kernel say about the outputs in the log?

Has your VGA-monitor's DDC worked before?

Thanks.

--
Pekka Paalanen
http://www.iki.fi/pq/