[Nouveau] properly check for _DSM function support and Optimus support for vga_switcheroo

Lekensteyn lekensteyn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 05:26:27 PST 2011

A quickly written way to test this module is described for Ubuntu at
http://pastebin.com/c5XqKSsW. Basically, you need to apply the patch on
nouveau
and rebuild the nouveau kernel module.

A comparison of different methods that works for toggling the dGPU is
available:
https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/wiki/Comparison-of-PM-methods

Regards,
Lekensteyn