[Nouveau] dual display - one LCD panel flashing on and off

Ram Bhamidipaty rambham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:16:25 PST 2011

Hi,

I run Arch Linux and ran into a problem with the nouveau driver
that was fixed by reverting back to the nvidia driver.

I have a GeForce 6600 LE card - and two LCD panels - one VGA
and the other DVI. The DVI panel was switching on and off - what
I mean is that for 30-40 seconds the display would be normal and
then for maybe 2 or 5 seconds the display would go blank. The monitors
power display suggested that the screen image was all black - I don't think
the LCD was going into a low power mode.

Switching back to the nvidia driver fixed the problem.

I am running 2.6.37-ARCH.

I'm not on the nouveau email list.
-Ram