[Nouveau] nouveau Ignoring invalid EDID block 1

zaverel zaverel at free.fr
Wed Jun 15 08:02:52 PDT 2011

hello

Le 15/06/2011 15:44, Emil Velikov a écrit :
> So let see if I got this correct
>
> Desktop card with 2 monitors connected to it
>
> 1 - Default monitor connected via DVI
> 2 - Second monitor (TV actually), via VGA

Yes

> Even though xrandr reports display 2 to have resolution set to
> 1280x720 50hz, the display itself reports 1202x670 50hz

yes

> When you say linux-2.6.36-gentoo-r6, can you please state the
> commit (or tag) it is based on

I made a little mistake , it's linux-2.6.36-gentoo-r8 and it's the last
kernel 2.6.36 from gentoo

> Before you were able to set the resolution of the TV, but
> now you cannot - any messages? (either on TV or logs)

Yes, with linux-2.6.36-gentoo-r8 , i'm able to set the resolution of the TV,
but with any newer kernel , i can't.

> Was the TV being detected correctly before - same resolution via
> xrandr and tv info?
yes

> Was the connection of the TV incorrectly being detected before
> - VGA .. DVI?
no

> Whereas for the "ERROR Raw EDID..." message my guess is that the
> TV does not manage to provide the data fast enough or the connection
> (cable/connectors) are not in good working order

when i'll find another cable, i try.

> Can you provide is the same logs but for the working kernel
done

> Cheers

ps:

To be clear, i have to use a modeline to get 1280x720 in xorg.conf
Without it ,tv stay at 1024x768 60hz.

with the nvidia it was  the same :
put a modeline and  use this:
Option "ModeValidation" "AllowNon60HzDFPModes , NoEdidMaxPClkCheck ,
NoHorizSyncCheck , NoVertRefreshCheck , NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck ,
NoEdidModes   "

See you