[Nouveau] [lm-sensors] hwmon API update

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Fri Mar 4 00:36:13 PST 2011

Le 04/03/2011 01:59, Guenter Roeck a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 06:53:12PM -0500, Martin Peres wrote:
> [ ... ]
>>> If done right, it should be much less invasive than the previous
>>> approach - meaning existing drivers would not have to be modified and
>>> can be converted as time permits.
>> The previous solution already permitted that, but anyway, it's good to
>> see you welcome change.
> It touched all drivers. It did not move anything out of drivers, forcing drivers
> supporting the new functions to support both sysfs _and_ the new functions.
> Significant difference.
>
> The idea here - at least mine - is to move sysfs attribute management
> into core hwmon code.
>
> Guenter
oh, yes, It touched a bit every driver but I already proposed the sysfs
management
to be in the hwmon core, the advantage of the solution Matthew Garrett
proposed was
good because it allowed the transition from the old to the new API to
happen smoothly.

Anyway, I'm really interested in the solution you'll come up with, I
don't mean to say
Matthew's solution is the best possible ;)

Martin