[Nouveau] NVIDIA (including Optimus) laptop owners - please read!

Eric Appleman erappleman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 17:15:05 PDT 2011

I have two i2c devices for my nvc3 (555M) on Optimus: 15 and 16.
But when I probe both, there's no occupied addresses.
Is this normal?

Also, I don't think any Optimus laptops feature MXM cards.
I can only assume that the Optimus versions of the 460M,
560M, and 570M are fixed to the motherboard.

There are some Optimus laptops with the MXMX and MXDS ACPI calls,
but they aren't MXM. 90% of Optimus laptops are _DSM.