[Nouveau] rendering problems with latest ddx driver (nv50)

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Tue Apr 24 11:51:30 PDT 2012

Le 24/04/2012 20:49, Maarten Maathuis a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 8:36 PM, Martin Peres<martin.peres at free.fr>  wrote:
>> Le 24/04/2012 20:14, Maarten Maathuis a écrit :
>>
>>> Do you get rendering errors also when using a nv50 class gpu? I seem
>>> to get them in firefox.
>>>
>>> I also noticed a huge amount of failures when running rendercheck -t
>>> gradients, which i find odd, because they are not supposed to be
>>> accelerated.
>> Hi,
>>
>> By any chance, are you using cairo 1.12? If so, try downgrading to cairo
>> 1.10.
>>
>> Martin
> No, i'm using cairo 1.10.2. Also rendercheck isn't affected by cairo.
> The last driver upgrade included at least the migration to the new
> libdrm and everything that came after it. That's when the rendering
> corruption started.

Right, I was under the asumption that both issues were un-related.

I guess you are using the latest ddx which does accelerate solid pictures.
Have you tried resetting to this commit ?
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/nouveau/xf86-video-nouveau/commit/?id=ec019b3a50475b7ff1b5e0a5dbe14e5ef677bd9e

Please keep us posted