[Nouveau] [patch] "Junior" ToDo Warn if Modesetting Disabled

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Sun Aug 26 15:18:06 PDT 2012

On 26/08/2012 23:05, Mark Carey wrote:
> v2 spaces to tabs as per RSpliets feedback on IRC
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the patch, it is indeed needed :)

However, I don't like the wording. Instead of telling that it isn't
normal, we don't tell what should be done neither what it will impact.
I guess something like "modesetting disabled, hw acceleration disabled"
would be more suitable.

Speaking about that, I wonder how Nouveau would work on a CRTC-less card :D

Martin

PS: I have tested booting Arch with "nomodeset" and x-server loads VESA.
Exactly the behaviour we are looking for :)