[Nouveau] [Patches][nouveau/kms]: Precise Vblank and pageflip timestamping v2

Mario Kleiner mario.kleiner at tuebingen.mpg.de
Tue Feb 21 11:04:33 PST 2012

On Feb 20, 2012, at 8:24 AM, Lucas Stach wrote:

> Just updated versions of the patches send by Mario Kleiner. This
> ones are
> rebased on top of the nouveau tree and updated according to the review
> feedback.
>
> This time hopefully the right ones.
>
> Regards,
> Lucas

Ben, thanks for the feedback. I've resteted the v2 of Lucas new
reworked and rebased patches, everything fine and precise wrt. to
timing precision.

For my personal education: Is my understanding correct that these
registers are basically "double-buffered", and the
NV50_PDISPLAY_CRTC_C macro accesses the current state, whereas the
NV50_PDISPLAY_CRTC_P macro provides/sets the programmed values that
will be latched into the _C registers at some later time, e.g., modeset?

thanks,
-mario