[Nouveau] Easy testing of nouveau

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:51:48 PST 2012

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 15:59:02 -0000, Arokux B. <arokux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have following idea, but do know if it's good. I suppose nouveau has
> not that many testers.  To install the git drivers is very cumbersome
> and people can easily brake their systems also. How about assembling
> live usb out of git so that people could quickly stick it in, perform
> some tests and submit the logs/findings.
>
> What do you think about it?

Are you aware that quite a few distro's offer a easy way
to test latest git

* Archlinux - AUR packages
* Gentoo - *-9999 ebuild
* Debian/Ubuntu - xorg-edgers
* Fedora - nightly/koji builds - available as live cd/usb

Don't get me wrong it's a very good idea, although I can think of
a few things that should be taken into consideration

* What distro is it going to be based on, how about maintaining it
/me is looking forward the discussion regarding this point

* Would you have any ideas regarding maintenance and hosting of the
image(s)

Cheers
Emil