[Nouveau] Anyone interested in borrowing an NVS 440?

Luis Sanchez luis.e.sanchez+nouveau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 07:49:14 PDT 2012

I have an PNY NVIDIA Quadro NVS 440 PCI Express x1. It's main feature
is it's 4 monitor support. The PCIe x1 port was needed since my
workstation is actually an beefy server w/ no x16 slots.

Linux support, even when using the binary drivers has deteriorated
over the years, especially once the desktops started going '3D'. I
went from running on a 4 monitor, single desktop, back when I ran RHEL
5, to being unable to run even one monitor today on various distros
(w/ nouveau max resolution is 1280x1024).

I'm willing to lend it out to any developer willing to work on getting
the nouveau drivers working on it. I've noticed that NVS cards in
general seem to have issues with the nouveau drivers, and I'm hoping
work on this card might help out the community at large. Whoever
accepts this card can keep it for as long as they want (week, months,
or years!).

Thanks,

Luis