[Nouveau] HDMI overscan compensation

"Christian E. Jørgensen" cjn at post1.dansknet.dk
Tue Oct 8 13:17:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have a GeForce 210-based video card hooked up to an LG monitor
(IPS235P) via HDMI. At boot time, the video card displays an image on
the monitor that is scaled down and surrounded by a black border
approximately one inch in width. As far as I've been able to determine,
this black border is caused by the video card attempting to compensate
for any overscanning done by the monitor. Since the monitor doesn't DO
any overscanning, I'd like to PERMANENTLY disable the overscan
compensation on the video card. I guess this requires modifying the
video BIOS. Does anyone know what needs to be done and how?

Best regards,
Christian Jørgensen