[Nouveau] Dual monitor question

Gmail rsv869 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 08:45:35 PDT 2013

Hello Nouveau group -

I am an OpenSuSE 12.3 user that's been struggling with a specific nouveau feature which I think should work, but not  so far for me.

I have this card installed in my laptop; 	02:00.0 VGA compatible controller

These are my Nouveau libs:			libdrm_nouvear2	2.4.42-1.1.1
								xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau	1.0.6-2.1.1

My goal is to configure my settings so I can run with the normal laptop screen when mobile but change to DVI output by plugging in the monitor, closing the laptop and have ALL video output go to the DVI.  So far I can't get that to work.

The desktop-settings config seems to recognize that the DVI is there, but no video actually appears on it. After I can see that that part works I want to change outputs from laptop to DVI port (secondary monitor) exclusively.

Thoughts welcome.

RSV869

--
Gmail <rsv869 at gmail.com>