[Nouveau] Activate DisplayPort

Hasan Jamal hjamal at connecttech.com
Wed Oct 30 21:26:17 CET 2013

One of our embedded system uses GPU from NVIDIA GTX 765M. The system has
only

DisplayPort, nothing else like VGA, DVI or HDMI. The OS does not see the

DisplayPort when it looks for it. As a result, the OS gets loaded but the

monitor stays blank. If I disconnect the cable and reconnect then the
display

comes back. I've done some search and found that people blame the problem
with

VBIOS.

I need to provide a solution to this problem by some software like a shim
driver. I don't need to provide BIOS or OS booting sequence, but once the OS
is loaded, the driver will activate the DisplayPort so that the user won't
need to disconnect and reconnect the cable.

Any idea, what should I do or where I should look for more info in this
regard.

I posted this question to Nividia forum but got answer, I hope someone in
this group would be able to give some idea.

Thanks,