[Nouveau] Second Monitor left of internal monitor turns internal monitor black

Thu Apr 24 09:11:34 PDT 2014

Hi there,

a few days ago I installed Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 on my Thinkpad W530. It has the
following specifications:

Intel Core i7-3820QM
Intel HD 4000 and nVidia Quadro K2000M
15,6" FHD RGB 1920x1080

I selected "Optimus" in the BIOS settings to activate both graphic cards. After
installing the nouveau driver on Ubuntu via 'apt-get install
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau' I was able to use my external monitor.

But! My external monitor stands physically left of my laptop, so I also set it
to the left in the settings in Ubuntu. After clicking "OK" my internal screen
turns black and the external monitor shows the correct image. But I couldn't
move the mouse to the internal screen. It persists on the external one. Without
seeing what I do I was able to open the settings window on the external screen
again to activate cloning of the screens. This works without a problem. And I
also have no problems if I set the external screen virtually to the right of the
internal one.

My version of xserver-xorg-video-nouveau is 1:1.0.10-1ubuntu2. If you need some
more information let me know.

Best Regards,
Nicolas

Homepage: http://freakscorner.de Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Bastelkeller