[Nouveau] nouveau driver for OSX?

Andre Truter linux at trusoftdev.za.net
Sun Dec 28 22:27:48 PST 2014

Hallo,

I know this might sound crazy, but I have a 2010 Macbook Pro with a
borked graphics bridge and Apple want to charge me the price of a new
Mac Mini to replace the motherboard.

When running OSX, the machine reboots at random.  If I remove the
NVidia drivers, the machine is stable, but graphics is slow and useless
(using Intel framebuffer).

I installed Linux on it and using the nouveau driver, it works very
well, if I use the NVidia proprietary driver for Linux, I also get the
reboots and hangs.

So, it seems that the Nouveau driver does not trigger the hardware
problem.

So, has anybody tried to build the Nouveau driver for OSX?

THanks
Andre