[Nouveau] Help needed for bug 58556

pierre.morrow at free.fr pierre.morrow at free.fr
Sat Feb 1 07:25:49 PST 2014

----- Mail original -----

So I denied pci to enable the card, but nothing changed: with noaccel, screen is still corrupted and without it, I still don't boot, getting lots of errors.
Oh, I forgot to precise: the screen gets scrambled just after the handover from efifb to nouveaufb.

> pstore if you have efi, netconsole, blockconsole. And phone isn't so
> bad either :)

> Yeah, so all these things should only be necessary if you have
> acceleration enabled. I wonder if the card comes up in a funny "I'm
> still executing stuff" state and nouveau fails to "shut it down" when
> noaccel is passed in.

Well, from what I saw in nouveau_accel_init, it just enables things if noaccel=0, and does nothing otherwise; noaccel isn't used apart from accel_init.

> -ilia

Pierre