[Nouveau] Bug with nouveau at boot

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 28 09:42:32 PST 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Aurélien Rivet
<aurelienrivet at hotmail.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
> First, my apologies for my rubbish English .
> I come from the archlinux forum, because a user suggested me to ask here my
> question.
> I have the two following lines on boot (and into dmesg) :
>
> [   13.673400] nouveau E[     DRM] Pointer to TMDS table invalid
> [   13.673429] nouveau E[     DRM] Pointer to flat panel table invalid
>
> I don't know what it mean and if it is important or not but if it is, how
> can I repair it ?

The VBIOS is composed of, among other things, a bunch of tables. There
are pointers to where those tables live in the headers. This is saying
that the pointers to a few of the tables are invalid. If this is not a
laptop and does not have a DVI/HDMI output, it should be of no
concern. Further, if things work OK, I wouldn't worry about it either.

  -ilia