[Nouveau] PROBLEM: new kernel 3.15.0-rc8 hangs completely with CONFIG_DRM_NOUVEAU enabled

Christian Wehrmeyer c.wehrmeyer at gmx.de
Sat Jun 7 14:35:09 PDT 2014

Yes, you are right - the Intel-chip is connected to the display, it just
offloads 3D work to do to the nVidia-chip, which isn't even to tell how
to get the EDID. I just wanted to try it out, simply for two reasons:

1. I heard that nouveau now "supports" the chip, and since I got the
hardware, I wanted to try it out - just for the fun of it. :)
2. As far as I am informed, a way to support you guys is to run the
latest version and do status reports.

No, my Xorg log does not contain that line. That's because I forbid X to
add any GPUs that were not defined in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and I just
added the Intel driver, not the nouveau driver:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Option          "AutoAddGPU" "false"
EndSection

Section "Device"