[Nouveau] (Free)BSD support?

Chris nouveau at bsdforge.com
Thu Nov 6 13:11:47 PST 2014

On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 19:58:12 +0000 Emil Velikov <emil.l.velikov at gmail.com>
wrote

> Hi Chris,
>
> On 06/11/14 19:05, Chris wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >  I remember Nouveau being in the ports tree on FreeBSD some
> > time ago. As I see it isn't there now. I was wondering if anyone
> > else might have, or be working on a BSD branch. Or might be able
> > to provide some insight on getting a branch of Nouveau running
> > on FreeBSD.
> >
> > Thank you for all your time, and consideration.
> >
> Afaik currently there is no port for (Free)BSD.
>
> On the positive side nouveau's current infrastructure ("core", interface
> "nvif" and "drm glue") will make things quite easy for anyone familiar
> with BSD's equivalent of core drm,ttm,etc. One only needs to port the
> "drm glue".
>
> Iirc Jean-Sébastien (Cc'd) did mention nouveau + FreeBSD at XDC,
> although I'm not sure what his current plans are. Perhaps he might be
> able to give you some ideas, if you're willing to give it a go ?
Thank you very much for the informative reply, Emil.
I'm happy to make the investment (creating the FreeBSD port).
I currently already maintain several FreeBSD ports. So it's not
all that unfamiliar. :)
I just didn't want to "start from scratch" if I didn't need to. :)
I give a closer look, and see what I can find. Maybe Jean-Sébastien
will also have something to say.

Thank you again, Emil, for the reply.

--Chris