[Nouveau] nouveau X nvidia

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Fri Apr 24 08:22:18 PDT 2015

Yes, the output will be largely different. The nouveau driver is in no
way a copy of NVIDIA's. We trace the NVIDIA driver to figure out how
to program the hardware, and then use that knowledge to update the
mesa implementation. However there are many differences in
approach/etc for a bunch of things, so that the traces will look
fairly different (but obviously with lots of similarities as well).